A WORD FROM TEAM MACHINE
Our planet does not need more stuff.
But, and we put our hands up; Break the Machine is here to sell you more stuff that you may, or may not need.
This Is Our
So, this is the story so far:
1. Our premises is supplied by a Green Energy tariff providing 100% renewal electricity from solar, wind and hydro.
2. The packaging we use in our boxes is almost always pre-loved brown paper or cardboard that we receive from our suppliers or local businesses that kindly let us have it. We reuse whatever and wherever we can because it’s the right thing to do.
3. We use recyclable packaging tape and have Royal Mail deliver the vast majority of our domestic shipments because they have UK’s lowest average parcel carbon footprint 193g CO2e*
4. Our business does not own a petrol or diesel vehicle. We will be investing in an electric vehicle for company business in 2022. At the moment we own push bikes and scooters to attend local meetings. Rest is done by ZOOM/Skype etc.
5. We are a member of the Better Business Act which aims to ‘transform the way we do business, so that every single company in the UK, whether big or small, takes ownership of its social and environmental impact.’ More details on this can be found here: https://betterbusinessact.org/
*Royal Mail statement on their labels.